Just a few months ago in July 2017 the CEO and the founder of the largest online shopping retailer Amazon.com and the largest shareholder of the company was the wealthiest man in the world surpassing the king Bill Gates. Although after a few days the Amazon shares retreated placing Jeff Bezos net worth as the second richest man in the world.
As of Today, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index Jeff Bezos has reclaimed his throne as he stands in the top of the list of worlds richest men. He is now around $50 Billion richer than anyone else on the planet all thanks to his Amazon stock price gains. What’s particularly astounding about Jeff Bezos net worth is that no one is even close to him even his billionaire peers considering Bill Gates net worth is at $93.1 billion, Warren Buffet net worth $82.3 billion, Amancio Ortega net worth $74.3 billion and Zuckerberg net worth $74.7 billion. Now that Jeff Bezos is the wealthiest man in 2018, and he made every day around $107 million.
Apart from controlling amazon he also owns “The Washington Post”, “Audible” and “Zappos”. As of today, Jeff Bezos is the 25th largest landowner in the united states of America, and on top a philanthropist. Today we get to look at Jeff Bezos net worth fortune in the year 2018 and how he became the richest man in the world.
Entrepreneur, Business mogul and e-commerce inaugurator Jeff Preston Bezos is the son of Ted Jorgensen and Jacklyn. He was brought to this world in 1964. After one-year Jeff mother who was at the age of 17 when he gave birth to Jeff divorced Bezos father and married Miguel Mike Bezos, who was of Cuban origin. At the age of 4, Jeff Bezos was adopted by Jacklyn father, and that’s how Jeff got to adopt his surname. While Jeff was a kid, he used to spend nearly all the summers at the grandfather’s ranch which was of 25,000 acres no wonder today the Bezos was named among the largest landholders in Texas. Some of the schools that Jeff attended are River Oaks Elementary School, Miami Palmetto High School and he would later join Princeton University where he graduated with a B.S in electrical engineering and computer science.
Jeff is married to MacKenzie, and together they have four children.
As a graduate of computer science, Wall Street decided to hire Jeff Bezos, and he would later move to Fitel, Bankers Trust, and D.E. Shaw & Co. it was later in 1994 that Bezos quit from employment and started Amazon.com which he operated from his garage. The company would grow to a level wherein 2016 saw him selling 2 million of his shares at $1.427 billion, and he would remain in control of 83.9 million shares. As a result of the fascination with space travel, Jeff Bezos started blue Origin company in 2002, and his goal is to make space travel affordable, and build hotels colonies and everything that’s on earth in space. Generally, his objective is to evacuate humans from the earth and colonize space.
Another investment that Jeff Bezos calls it his own is The Washington Post which he purchased at the cost of $250 million back in 2013.
Apart from the few investments I have mentioned above, there are other investments that Bezos has a stake in such as Google, Unity Biotechnology, Airbnb, Aviary, Blue Origin, Uber, Twitter, Crowdrise, Skytap, Workday, ZocDoc, Business Insider, Crowdrise, Pelago, Rescale. Domo, MakerBot industries among others.
Net Worth, Salary & Income
|1st June 2018||$141 billion|
Surpassing bill gates to emerge the richest person in the world, Jeff Bezos net worth in July 2017, was $90.0 billion. Currently Jeff Bezos net worth stands at $141 billion, according to Bloomberg as bill gates unable to regain his position having a net worth of $93.5 billion. He is therefore rated as the wealthiest person in the world. In March 2015, Bezos was among the largest landowners in Texas a position he still holds.
Being the forbearer and chief executive officer of Amazon.com and the holder of ‘The Washington Post’, he became among the wealthiest people in the world due to his fruitful business enterprises. His company, Amazon.com, sold books in the US and in other 45 alien countries within 30 days wherein two months its sales reached $20,000 a week. The firm assorted its offerings in 1998 after starting the sale of clothes, electronics, toys, CDs, and videos. This made its sales to go from $510,000 in 1995 to over $17 billion in 2011. Adding to his earnings in 1998, Jeff endowed $250,000 being one of the investors in Google. He has also invested in a life-extension research firm known as the ‘Unity Biotechnology’ anticipating to either slow or stop the process of aging. Currently his platform “Everything Store” sells over $100 billion worth of goods annually.
15 Things You Don’t Know About Jeff Bezos
Obviously, You have heard of Amzon.com unless you have never searched anything online. The man behind the world leading eCommerce site is one of the wealthiest men alive. Most of his cash has been as a result of revolutionizing the way business sell and marketed their products and how customers shop today. He can generally be referred to the father of online shopping. Such a man must be wealthy, and it’s a fact he is on top 5 richest men in the world list but other than Jeff Bezos net worth what else do you think you don’t know about him.
1. Jeff was not raised by the biological father since the mother divorced the father and at the age of 4, Miguel Mike Bezos adopted him after marrying her mother.
2. It was Jeff’s grandfather who really influenced and played the biggest role in driving Jeff into computers
3. Did you know that out of the four children three are boys and one a daughter, however, the daughter was adopted from China.
4. He believes in the “Two Pizza rule” which states a team or rather a group of business leaders cannot be fed by two pizzas that tells you the crew is too large and not good for business and that tells you he believes in the power of small teams than large teams.
5. Jeff doesn’t do helicopters you know why? In 2003 he had a fatal accident with a helicopter though the injuries were minor since then he swore never again to board a helicopter.
6. Have you heard of project Long Now foundations where Bezos has invested $42 million in the construction of a very large mechanical clock that will run for 10,000 years? The clock is being built on the mountain of Texas and is powered by wind and solar.
7. He has a plan to evacuate humans from the earth by 2018 and start off commercial flights to space by 2018. That’s why he launched Blue Origin.
8. Displaying a scientific passion and technological dexterity, he once geared an electric alarm in order to keep off his younger kin out of his room.
9. Donating $2.5 million, Jeff in conjunction with his wife supported a same-sex marriage mandate that was fruitfully passed in Washington.
10. Aside from his business, Jeff has a talent in acting as he was featured in the movie ‘Star Trek Beyond’ and had also joined a San Diego Comic-Con screen as both a cast and a crew.
11. In 2013 Jeff Bezos did more than $67 billion in sales.
12. Every time Shel Kaphan and Jeff Bezos made a sale they had designed a bell that would ring for every successful sale but it didn’t take too long before they switched off quickly.
13. Before he met the love of his life, Bezos used to tell friends that he needed a wife who is capable of bringing him out of third world prison.
14. He was once an employee of McDonald’s something he disliked the job so much.
15. He used to work on grandparent’s farm, and one of his job descriptions was to castrate cattle
Jeff Bezos is a philanthropist, and some of his charitable acts are such as the $800,000 donation to ‘world reader’ which is a foundation by a former Amazon employee, a $2.5 million donation to support same-sex marriage referendum, among many others. Bezos was honored as a Time magazine’s Person of the Year while in 2008, he was selected as one of the Americas best leaders by the U.S. News & World Report. Today Jeff Bezos net worth is a clear indication of what can happen if you act on your ideas instead of sleeping on them.