Take a wild guess on James Cameron net worth in 2018? To those who have no idea who he is, he is one of the best filmmakers in the world hailing from Canada, he is also a deep-sea explorer and a well-known humanitarian. Cameron is known in the world for his success in directing and writing of several films such as The Terminator 1984, Aliens 1986, The Abyss 1989, and Terminator 2: Judgement Day 1991, True Lies 1994, and Titanic 1997, among others.
Cameron has succeeded in 3D film making as he is the creator of Avatar 2009 film which is an important milestone for 3D technology. To date no other 3D film maker has succeeded in terms of box-office revenue than James Cameron. Considering that Avatar grossed $2.78 billion while Titanic grossed $2.19 billion and in total all of his directed films have grossed around $6 billion globally, what’s James Cameron net worth in 2018? We shall also look at a few things you probably don’t know about James Cameron.
James Francis Cameron hails from Ontario Canada where he was born in 1954. He is the son of Phillip Cameron and Shirley. While growing up in Ontario he went to school at Stamford Collegiate school but he had to move out of the school due to his parents relocating to California where he completed his high school education at Brea Olinda High School. After high school he joined Fullerton College to sturdy physics but he dint complete college and dropped out where he started working as a writer, and a truck driver. It was also during this time that he sought to read materials related to film technology and in the process decided to join film industry.
Cameron has been married five times but his current wife is Suzy Amis whom they have one son and two daughters.
In his early career beginnings he started as a miniature model maker where they were tasked in making low budget productions. He progressed in his career securing a job as an art director where he worked on films such as Battle Beyond the Stars 1980, Galaxy of Terror 1981, Android 1982, Piranha II: The Spawning 1981 among others.
Some of the major films that James Cameron has directed or written is The Terminator 1984. The film was around the budget of $6.5 million and it earned $78 million worldwide. Another was Rambo: First Blood Part II (1985) which grossed around $400-$500 million. Aliens 1986 was on a budget of $18 million but it grossed $180 million worldwide. The Abyss grossed around $90 million while the sequel of Terminator 2: Judgement Day 1991 was made with a budget of $100 million and it grossed around $519 million. True Lies 1994 grossed $378 million worldwide, Titanic 1997 grossed $2.18 billion, Avatar 2009 grossed $2.78 billion.
His latest upcoming films that are much awaited are Alita: Battle Angel 2018, Untitled Terminator Sequel 2019, Avatar 2 2020, and Avatar 3 2021.
On Awards And Achievements received by James Cameron, are such as Ray Bradbury Award, Academy Awards, 3 Oscars, Golden Globes, honorary degree of Doctors of Fine Arts, induction into Canada Walk of Fame, Hollywood Walk of Fame induction, Science Fiction Hall of Fame, numerous Saturn Awards, several Hugo Awards. Several People’s Choice Awards, several Scream Awards and many other awards.
Net Worth, Salary & Income
James Cameron net worth is around $750 million. To really understand where James Cameron net worth fortune of $750 million came from, it’s on record that Cameron’s films to date have grossed a total of over $7 billion globally. Among the films that have boosted James Cameron net worth is Avatar which has $2.7 billion, Titanic 2.1 billion. Terminator 2: Judgement Day $519 million, True Lies $378 million, Aliens $131 million, among many others. Another source of James Cameron net worth is his documentaries which basically are undersea documentaries.
8 Facts You Need To Know About James Cameron
Probably you have watched one of James Cameron films considering The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, True Lies, Titanic, Avatar and many others. However, here are a few things you probably don’t know about James Cameron.
1. His very first film which is known as Xenogenesis was on a budget of $20,000 which is money that was raised from some local dentists.
2. He is the first director in the film industry to have directed a film whose budget is $100 million and another one $200 million. That’s Terminator 2: Judgement Day and Titanic.
3. Did you know that in year 2002 Cameron wrote the screenplay of Spider-Man but it was rejected and Sam Raimi’s version was adopted since Cameron version was too violent.
4. Titanic was the highest grossing film for a period of 12 years until 2009.
5. Did you know that he is the first director in the film industry to have two films that have grossed $1 billion mark?
6. If you aren’t aware the Avatar movie is the first film to have grossed $2 billion mark.
7. You have heard of Mariana Trench right? Cameron is the first human being to reach the bottom of it in a one man craft.
8. The Avatar movie is something that he started working on in the 90’s but wouldn’t proceed since the technology required was not available at the time and he resumed the script in 2005 when the required technology was in place.
James Cameron net worth will probably rise to nearly a billion in 2019 if the untitled Terminator film and the Avatars will become a commercial success. We can’t wait for their release because obviously his reputation speaks more of what is in store.